- Design you wish to embroider by hand. I googled images to select one and printed it out in the size I desired)
- Fabric of choice (I tend to use fine muslin, or linen fabrics)
- Embroidery hoop of selected size.
- Window with good light coming through or light box
- Fabric marking pen. I use Pilot FriXion Ball Erasable Gel Pens..BRAND is important!Â Â (theÂ design goes away with heat..so be careful where you store before done.)
Tape your design to glass window or light box (if using a window use a comfortable height).
Use your embroidery hoop to center where you want to tape fabric over design.
Tape fabric in place at the top and bottom edge.
Use your fabric marking pen to trace design. (Sometime a design, if faded due to heat, can be revived in a freezer if left for a few minutes.)
HoopÂ and embroider as desired.
Remove completed stitching.
Press finished design with a dry hot iron to remove fabric marking gel pen.
Â Â Voila…you are done!
Here is a sample of a pillow top I did using my grand kid’s hands and their favorite colors at the time, using the above method after tracing their hands.